Here at the frontier, the leaves fall like rain. Although my neighbors are all barbarians, and you, you are a thousand miles away, there are still two cups at my table.


Ten thousand flowers in spring, the moon in autumn, a cool breeze in summer, snow in winter. If your mind isn't clouded by unnecessary things, this is the best season of your life.

~ Wu-men ~


Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Know Thy Self!


Nosce Te Ipsum is an interesting blog that you can find by either clicking on the title of this post, or on the links over on the right.

From "About this blog:"

I’ve put this blog together to serve as a kick up the arse for my Meditation / Qi Gong practice. Finally I’m going to get my finger out and start practising properly.

The long and short of it is that I’ve had the book 100 Days to Better Health, Good Sex and Long Life for 6 years and I’ve never got further than 20 days into it! This time I’m definitely going to do it all, and hey, if that goes well maybe complete the second book too!

I’m not a hippie meditator! I’ve been doing martial arts for 22 years (time just carries on passing by! Just gotta carry showing up and training…); trained with KGB, GSG9, Police, Doormen and Bodyguards among others (I still manage not to be very good at it though!). If I have to say I follow any kind of meditative ’school’ it would have to be Mantak Chia’s as taught by Kris Deva North and Eric Yudelove, and also Glenn Morris’s Lightening Path way. As far as the Martial side; anything that’s not flashy, works under stress/pressure/(when I’m drunk!) and not for sport, is all good in my books!

Anyway, that’s more than enough about me, it’s the practice that matters and Hopefully there’ll be lots of posts about that!

Please pay a visit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for the link!!
It's appreciated, especially coming from a blog like yours (ie; one with insightful and interesting posts! ;)) unlike my collection of rants ;)

Glad you like it and Thank you !

Anonymous said...

bugger! I meant to put name and URL thing on!

Rick Matz said...

It's my pleasure to help make people aware of interesting blogs.