Here at the frontier, the leaves fall like rain. Although my neighbors are all barbarians, and you, you are a thousand miles away, there are still two cups at my table.


Ten thousand flowers in spring, the moon in autumn, a cool breeze in summer, snow in winter. If your mind isn't clouded by unnecessary things, this is the best season of your life.

~ Wu-men ~


Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Lenten Challenge Starts ... Now!

"Be soft in your practice. Think of the method as a fine silvery stream, not a raging waterfall. Follow the stream in its course. It will go its own way, meandering here, trickling there. It will find the grooves, the cracks, the crevices. Just follow it. Never let it out of your sight. It will take you."

Sheng-yen

2 comments:

Patrick Parker said...

I'm in!

http://www.mokurendojo.com/2010/02/lenten-challenge-at-mokuren-dojo.html

R said...

I'm on it--sort of. I committed to a 100 day challenge for the Year of the Tiger with my Taiji school, the first half of which will cover Lent. So I'm with you, I'm just doubling the duration.