Here at the frontier, the leaves fall like rain. Although my neighbors are all barbarians, and you, you are a thousand miles away, there are still two cups at my table.


Ten thousand flowers in spring, the moon in autumn, a cool breeze in summer, snow in winter. If your mind isn't clouded by unnecessary things, this is the best season of your life.

~ Wu-men ~


Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Aikido of Hiroshi Tada

Hiroshi Tada is a 9th Dan in Aikido. He is also 83 years old and still active in teaching aikido.

Below is a recent video of him. Ok, the ukes are a little on the compliant side, but look at the way the man moves! He's 83. I hope to be able to move like that when I'm 83.


4 comments:

Bob Patterson said...

Still very impressive!

Rick Matz said...

I wish that I could move like that NOW!

The Strongest Karate said...

I'm 29 and I barely move that well!

Christopher Li said...

There's a very extensive eight part interview with Hiroshi Tada available here: http://www.aikidosangenkai.org/blog/aikido-shihan-hiroshi-tada-budo-body-part-1/