Here at the frontier, the leaves fall like rain. Although my neighbors are all barbarians, and you, you are a thousand miles away, there are still two cups at my table.


Ten thousand flowers in spring, the moon in autumn, a cool breeze in summer, snow in winter. If your mind isn't clouded by unnecessary things, this is the best season of your life.

~ Wu-men ~


Monday, May 12, 2014

Running for Water



I live near the Great Lakes. I can get on a boat near my vacation home, head out onto Lake Huron and as far as the eye can see in every direction, there is nothing but fresh water. I am very fortunate.

Nearly 800 million people don't have access to clean drinking water and I've decided to do something about it.

For $50, a person can have clean drinking water for life.

I'm 56 years old and have never run more than 5 miles in my life. The last time I ran was when I was a teenager. Together with one of my daughters, I've signed up to run the International Half Marathon which is a part of the Free Press Marathon in Detroit on October 19th.

I've already logged dozens and dozens of miles. By the time of the half marathon, I will have logged about 500.

Please donate. Any amount is welcome. I can accept checks as well (you'll have to send me an email to get my address. Email Rick Matz (at) yahoo.com).



No comments: